- Can fight depression and anxiety – One of the most common mental disorders in the world is depression which causes sadness and lethargy. Omega 3 can help reduce this.
- Improve eye health – DHA a type of omega-3 has a major structural component of the retina in your eye (60%). When lacking DHA vision problems become a big problem. Omega 3 is also linked with reduced macular degeneration which is one of the world’s leading causes of permanent eye damage and blindness.
- Promote brain health during pregnancy and early life – Omega 3 is crucial for brain growth and developments in infants. Omega 3 is also linked to children having:
- higher intelligence
- better communication and social skills
- Decreased risk of developmental delay
- Decreased risk of ADHD, autism, and cerebral palsy
- Reduce heart problems – Reduces risk factors associated with heart disease, heart attacks and strokes which is the world’s leading cause of death.
- Reduce blood pressure – Omega 3 can reduce blood pressure levels in people with high blood pressure
- Blood clots – omega 3 can keep blood platelets from clumping together which reduces the change of harmful blood clots
- Reduce inflammatory response – inflammation is a natural response to infections and damage in your body but inflammation can persist which leads to long term or chronic inflammation which includes heart disease and cancer